Why its a good idea to date a friend.
- Your attracted to each other- As we've previously discussed.
- You know each others history- You know each others drunken hookups, one night stands, failed relationships and the outcomes of all their relationship pitfalls.
- You already trust each other & won't cheat on each other - The chances of cheating on a once friend now boy\girlfriend are less than likely. After knowing each other for so long you've built a very trusting relationship.
- You've seen each other in less than fabulous moments - He's wiped away your tears, despite the raccoon-like mascara smudged look you're sporting and you've picked him up drunk from his ex-girlfriends front lawn at 4am.
- You already know each others families - And they probably want you two together, so you already have that support.
Why its a bad idea to date a friend.
- It could ruin your friendship if it fails - If this doesn't work out there is always the fear of not being able to be friends again. realistically things would never be the same again.
- You may have to find a new best friend- The one you you once went to for solid relationship advice, is the one who you are now in a relationship with.
- You know each other TOO well - You know their downfalls and their trigger points. All the little things that annoy you about them as a friend, you now suddenly have to "Love everything, even the bad things".
- You may not work as a couple - Sex changes the very nature of your relationship. So although you may thing that it would be great to be in a romantic relationship with your friend, they aren't your friend anymore. It's all fucked up now.
On the other hand.....
Some say friends make the best soul-mates.
So If you truly , absolutely feel it can work........Who am I to say "don't".
"Like" Love Ninja on Facebook